Faculty Curriculum Committee
The Faculty Curriculum Committee (FCC) works with the Registrar's Office, the Provost's Office, and other College-wide committees to evaluate each proposed change to the College undergraduate curriculum. (Changes to graduate programs are handled by the Committee on Graduate Education, Continuing Education, and Special Programs .) In particular, the FCC attempts to ensure that all changes are rigorous, well-designed, and consistent with the College's overall mission.
The chair of the committee is Gibbs Knotts (Political Science). The full roster is available here.
On these pages, you will find the following:
- a description of the review process
- the revised instructions and forms for different kinds of proposals
- a sample proposal from Anthropology
- some guidelines for the development of interdisciplinary programs
- a FAQ
- minutes from this year's meetings
- this year's deadlines (below)
Please feel to contact the committee chair with any questions that are not covered on this site.
Curriculum Committee Schedule for 2015-2016
Submit proposal to Provost's Office by...
Present proposal to Committee on...
Approved proposal will be forwarded to Senate on...
Senate will consider proposal on...
*Deadline for prerequisite-change and credit-hour change requests. If you want to change a course's prerequisites or credit hours for the 2016-2017 academic year, you MUST submit the request by this date.
**Note that this is a CCSD teacher workday.
What change would you like to make to the curriculum?
- Add a new course
- Change an existing course
- Deactivate an existing course
- Reactivate a previously-deactivated course
- Add, change, or terminate a minor
- Add, change, or terminate a concentration, emphasis, etc.
- Propose a major or program
- Change or terminate a major or program